Chimney Liner Installation
Avoid the risks and expenses that come with a damaged or substandard chimney liner — call on Chimney Works when you need high-quality chimney liners in Southeastern Connecticut.Chimney liners contain the heat from flue gases and combustible by products of burning wood. Without them, the brick or concrete that make up the chimney’s exterior could weaken and deteriorate. However, this is merely the tip of the iceberg.
The Dangers of a Damaged Chimney Liner
Cracks, erosion and inaccurate sizing are among the most common chimney liner problems. In our thirty plus years of servicing houses and commercial buildings in Greater Mystic Connecticut, we’ve seen all that could go wrong with chimney liners. We also know the problems homeowners and property owners encounter due to damaged — or nonexistent — chimney liners.
- High risk of fire – Chimney masonry is prone to overheating and catching fire without a proper liner.
- Water damage – Water can seep through cracks in chimney liners, damaging the masonry and leaving the fireplace moist.
- Soot buildup – Byproducts cling to and accumulate on rough masonry surfaces.
- Erosion – It’s not just stainless steel chimney liners that erode; bricks and mortar do, too.
- Structural instability – All things considered, chimneys without liners or with damaged liners have a high risk of collapsing.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning – Clogged, cracked or inefficient chimneys could send dangerous carbon monoxide flowing back indoors.
Not staying on top of chimney liner maintenance could lead to a devastating outcome. Don’t let your property’s value or your family’s health and safety suffer the consequences. Talk to our representatives, and we’ll supply you with a quality chimney liner in Connecticut.